- The rounded mid-2013 estimate for Bradford is 526,400 persons, with a median age of 35.2 years.
- The population increased by 1,750 on the previous year’s estimate, with natural change (births – deaths) at +3,600, net internal migration -3,550 and net international migration +1,700 persons.
- Natural change is a major driver to population growth, with international net in-migration historically significant and internal net out-migration substantial.
- The dynamics of population change in Bradford appear to be operating differently compared to our sub-regional neighbours.
- Bradford has a young age profile compared to our neighbours, with 1 in 4 (23.5%) of the total under 16 years.
- The proportion aged 20 to 42 match the distribution for England, with the bulk proportionally less aged over 42 years.
To open this bulletin please click here.